About Me

My photo
Hi, My name is Kate and this blog is all about my adventures of happy living. By that I mean crochet, chickens and cooking. Here's to the good life - and being a good wife! xxx

Sunday 22 July 2012

Lavender's Blue Dilly Dilly

We have been blessed with the most fantastic warm weather today. We had planned to gloss the bedroom but it has been mega quick due to the warm weather making the paint dry fast. So I have had unexpected time to play!

Plenty of hooking time, lots of fresh smelling washing to hang out, and lavender to harvest.

We have five huge lavender bushes in the front and back garden and I certainly wasn't going to pass on lots of free lovely scented bag fillings! I have been busy chopping them back (just before they turn) and then collecting all the lovely ripe, scented heads.



Its been the most glorious job and now they are resting and drying in the conservatory. The house is filled with the most glorious relaxing scent.


Lavender's blue, dilly dilly, lavender's green,
When I am king, dilly, dilly, you shall be queen.
Who told you so, dilly, dilly, who told you so?
'Twas my own heart, dilly, dilly, that told me so.


So what more of an appropriate day to share some reason's to be cheerful. (Do join in! and let me know!).

Here is reason no 30 - take a look here to see for yourself how lucky I was!



And I dread to say that a lot of this has been consumer this weekend! Ooops!


And this next reason refers to realising that we had over forty eggs in the cupboard and despite giving lots to our mums they just seem to breed when we are at work!

So off I popped along the street with little egg gifts for the neighbours. I thought I would be out for a few minutes, but I must have been out for two hours, and had numerous cups of teas, and toured lots of living rooms! It was a really nice way to spend the evening. Rather Good Life I would say!


It looks like it was appreciated because I then received this ... how touching! A hen pin cushion!


And this week, Thursday's knitting class couldn't have come sooner. I was beat by the end of the week, and that treat on a Thursday really gives me one little extra burst of energy on the Friday. They must put something in the biscuits!


Isn't it easy to be cheerful on such a beautiful day!


And now I refer to Sunday dinner at Craig's Mums house today. Amongst all the partying for Laurence's birthday, regular vino consumption, house work and painting it was a welcome offer! Roast Beef, Yorkshire Puddings and hmmmm .... no washing up.



So, there you go! ..... even Mrs TT mouse looks happy sitting on in her new home.


Also I watched the end 30k of the Tour de France. We done Bradley Wiggins! What a race!

Bradley Wiggins

Now make sure you have a chilled and lovely sunday evening. I will be sipping some pimms in the garden and then watching the Tim Burton Alice in Woderland while doing some hookin'. Bliss!

Kate xxx

7 comments:

  1. Lots lovelys (lovelies?) in there, I see. Here are my reasons to be cheerful today.
    It's been glorious weather here.
    I sold 2 things on Ebay (only 99p, but hey).
    DD's offered to post them for me.
    It was my wedding anniversary a few days ago.
    I've got a dancing date for next week.
    I go to a retirement 'do' tomorrow.
    It's fun reading your blog.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post Kate! We've seen the sun too and it's been glorious!! Haven't got round to my reasons to be cheerful yet, oops, will update tomorrow :)
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely day you had Kate - I had a lovely day too, a lazy breakfast, some crafting, a visit to the garden centre and a lovely tea, all with my lovely hubby and kiddos in tow! Lazy summer Sundays are the best! Bee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasn't it lovely yesterday! And again today, I wonder how long it will last. How pessimistic we are about the weather, but then don't we all try to make the most of a nice day! We had a bbq with family yesterday, sat out in the garden almost all day, then came in and did a bit of my patchwork thingy and watched Towie!
    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Silly moo I am! And thank you for the award! I will get round to thinking of seven things and do a post on it! Thank you very much!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your lavender pictures, Kate! And your reasons to be cheerful as well :o)
    Kisses
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've written down reasons to be cheerful at times too, partly inspired by your notebook. No drawings though!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I always read them and will be sure to check out your blog. Kate x