About Me

My photo
Hi, My name is Kate and this blog is all about my adventures of happy living. By that I mean crochet, chickens and cooking. Here's to the good life - and being a good wife! xxx

Sunday 24 June 2012

Sister Love :)

Last night my sister came to visit. It's been a while since we've had a good catch up, with one thing and another, but we had a really good girly time.

We ordered a LOT of Chinese food, which was rudely interrupted by Jill (one of the hens), who had hopped over the fence to next door's garden. Their the dog had scared it over another fence which made her impossible to get to. Craig had to get some step ladders and coax her back. So today was spent putting some higher fencing around the coop so she can't get out. Anyway, I digress!

Back to Saturday night with my sister, Helen.

We ate a Lot of Chinese food and then watched Bridesmaids. Which was hilarious. A really girly, funny film. Not as drippy as a chick flick, but still quite girly. I really loved it!

As if the Chinese wasn't enough we chomped our way through a huge bag of toffee coated popcorn! MMMMMMMMM! Love it! (see the second bag - we didn't open that one - honest!).


So all in all we had a lovely evening, having a good gossip as sisters do and enjoying being with one another. I really love her!

                                           *          ♥          *          ♥          *          ♥          *

So as it is Sunday ........ here are my Reason's To Be Cheerful! Let me know if you are taking part so I can be sure to visit you and take a peek!






Talking of Ta-Dah Moments. This week has been full of them. I have finished so much!!

  • Tunisian Crocheted Arm covers and cushion (1 more to cushion to do).
  • Crocheted Happy Birthday Bunting (this is most exciting!)
  • Knitted Scarf (also most exciting!).
So this week I hope to show you these things. I'm busy taking some snaps and will write up some posts soon!

I really feel that this weekend has gone a lot better than last weeks (check out this post to see how bad it really was!!). I'm feeling a lot more positive and Ta-Dah's certainly give a huge amount of satisfaction. What could be a better pick-me-up?!

Kate xxxxxx

9 comments:

  1. Mmmm popcorn! Sisters are just the best - mine s over for the evening tomorrow, can't wait!

    You have been busy, hurrah for your ta-dahs!

    I've blogged my reasons to be cheerful today too... I want to illustrate them more as I go along, so I'll be digging my pretty felt pens out soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to hear that you had such a nice time with your sister and that you have so many reasons to be cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely post, i wish i had a sister to share a lovely evening with.
    lovely reasons to be cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I do love a bit of toffee popcorn! Love bridesmaids! Fave bit is when they try the dresses on! Haha! Wine is a super reason to be cheerful!!
    Love Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lovely weekend. looking forward to seeing the ta dahs. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great weekend. I have also had a fab couple of weekends and some busy days in between. I will be coming up with several tah dahs this week too, just need to get those photos off of the camera. :) Looking forward to seeing your new makes. xxxx

    p.s. I love the reasons to be cheerful idea! I think mine would almost always be the same but maybe I should try to be good like you and keep a record :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kate, did I tell you that I am especially enjoying your chickens because we as yet do not have any? So sorry Jill tried the great escape...silly girl. I imagined Craig going on search and rescue with step ladders in tow... :) Good man!!!
    So glad you had such a good time with your sister! My two older sisters live many miles from here so it is always a special treat when we are able to be with each other.
    Your reasons to be cheerful cheered me as well, and I am especially looking forward to viewing photos of your TaDahhhs!
    Wishing you a Happy Week :)
    Gracie <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for ta-dah moments! I've had some myself this week :) Glad this week has been better for you

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait for your ta-da!!! Seems that you really had a wonderful, yummy evening with your sister! :)
    Love your "reasons to be cheerful" and your lovely doodles. :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I always read them and will be sure to check out your blog. Kate x